Every passenger’s parent needs to complete an application form and pay in advance.
- Full time
- Weekly: Both ways – refers to two trips per day, five days a week, the entire school year.
- Weekly: One way – refers to one trip per day, five days a week, the entire school year.
- Ad hoc, hostel and exam passengers: The parent must identify a number of trips (E.g. 10) per month and pay for these trips in advance. The parent must inform the office 24 hours in advance, between 08h00 and 15h00, when the trips will be used.NO after hours requests will be granted. NO refund on these trips will be done when the next semester has started. NO child will be allowed on the bus unless the correct procedures have been followed.
2. Passenger list:
- The bus driver of each bus will have a list daily, which consists of all the pupils’ names that completed and submitted the necessary forms. Each pupil’s name will be ticked off when traveling on the bus;
- This is for insurance purposes and NO child will be allowed on the bus when their name is not on the list;
- It is not the driver’s responsibility to ensure that the child is on the bus. It is the responsibility of the parent and pupil to ensure that he/she is on time and on the right bus.
The bus drivers are not allowed to accept any money, envelopes or application forms on the bus.
3. Routes and Schedules:
Please refer to the drop down menu to confirm pickup points and sport routes.
- The pickup, drop off points and time schedule may change due to requests from the traffic department or the number of children on a specific route.
During the exam times (June and November) and off weekends the afternoon bus schedule as well as the sport routes time will change. There are 7 different schools to take into consideration and there may be a waiting period for some pupils during this time schedule. The majority will be accommodated first. NO extra buses will be used during exam time or off weekends.
The contract with the parents stipulates that we use Semi-Luxury buses without air-conditioning or heaters.
Satellite Tracking and on-board camera
All the buses are equipped with satellite tracking and an on-board camera. Information on driving speed, departure and arrival times, road view, etc. can be closely monitored.
Although it is very important for us to keep to the specific time schedule, the travelling time may vary due to heavy traffic to and from Cape Town, especially on Fridays.
In case of a breakdown a replacement bus will be sent immediately to finish the trip. The children should stay on the bus and only leave per the drivers instruction. In case of a delay in the time schedule, an SMS will be sent in the mornings as well as in the afternoons.
Please refer to the ElJoSa School Route Protocol and read it thoroughly. If a learner harms another learner, ElJoSa will not be held responsible.
ElJoSa will not be held responsible for any lost property.
Always ensure that you have your child’s name, surname as well as his/her account number (e.g. SMIC003), ready when you contact or correspond with the office.
- Complete an ElJoSa Application Form;
- Fax or email it to 086 696 4988 or email@example.com; personally hand it in at 9 Kiaat Road, Kraaifontein Industrial or send it via post to – PO Box 1256, Brackenfell 7561;
- Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 086 696 4988.
OPS: 24 hour number: 083 608 5516